Please sent your resume’s at nkaja[at]umich.edu
- Software Engineer (focused in Machine Learning)
- Product Manager (focused in Machine Learning)
- Technical Anchor (focused in Machine Learning)
Looking for AI/ML Technical Lead. For those interested please send resume at nkaja(at)ford.com
5+ years of production experience required.
Principal Engineer – EMC
Date: Aug 3, 2018
Location: Troy, MI, US
Nippon Seiki is a world-class manufacturer of instruments for vehicles, agricultural, and construction equipment. Established in 1945, Nippon Seiki Co., Ltd. is headquartered in Japan, with numerous facilities worldwide. N.S. International, Ltd. (“NSI”), a group company of Nippon Seiki, located in Troy, MI, is a tier one supplier of instrument clusters and head-up display units for FCA US, General Motors, BMW, Honda, Harley Davidson, Suzuki, Polaris, Arctic Cat and other OEM’s.
Purpose of Job
The EMC Principal Engineer is responsible for predicting and preventing potential EMC challenges, recommending optimized designs, and resolving EMC challenges. This individual has the responsibility to ensure the product meets EMC performance requirements as well as take ownership on resolving EMC issues. The job includes but is not limited to reviewing EMC test plans for instrument clusters and / or HUD assemblies and components, EMC simulations, EMC Schematic Design Reviews, EMC Artwork Design Reviews, and EMC Product Design Reviews, supporting other areas of engineering from concept to production. This individual needs to have a strong technical and leadership background to do engineering calculations, simulations, and solve EMC related design challenges.
Top duties or activities with the approximate percentage of time spent on each duty in a given year. Not all tasks/steps performed are listed.
|Rank||% of Role Focus||Major Duty / Responsibility of Job|
Education, Experience and Knowledge
Required and/or preferred level of education, knowledge and skills that are necessary.
|Special Training or Competency||Technical Leadership: Includes being the subject matter expert in this field. Ability to motivate the organization, enforce product technical excellence and sponsor innovation among the team.|
|Work Hours||Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5pm. Off-hours as needed.|
|Travel Requirements||10% internationally and/or domestically.|
Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of N.S. International, Ltd.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
N.S. International, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Nearest Major Market: Troy
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit
Advanced Analytics Researcher in Operations Research/Applied Statistics/ Artificial Intelligence
The Operations Research Department within Global R&D is looking for highly motivated, collaborative individuals to join our growing team. Our mission is to identify and analyze strategic opportunities to improve GM’s profitability, increase operational efficiency and provide customer insights. Application focus areas are enterprise-wide including customer analytics, finance, marketing, product development, revenue management, quality, and supply chain and logistics.
This position requires mathematical expertise, creative problem solving, cross-functional communication, teamwork, technical documentation, and presentation and project/technical leadership skills. Candidates should demonstrate an exceptional ability to adapt to ambiguous business objectives, and clearly communicate the value of business analytics to a non-technical audience.
• Ph.D. preferred / MS required in a technical discipline, such as operations research, applied mathematics, statistics, decision science, econometrics, engineering, marketing, or artificial intelligence/machine learning
• Excellent collaboration skills with project teams, management, customers, and experts
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with a particular strength in explaining technical concepts to non-technical audiences
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt skills to work on various projects in different technical and functional areas
• Ability and willingness to contribute on multiple levels including: data preparation, algorithm development, documentation, programming, project management, conducting experiments, and interacting with clients
• Interested in systems-level modeling and analysis of complex problems that may be poorly defined and cross functional, and may have uncertainty, multiple objectives, or decisions involving trade-offs
• Proficient in one or more of the following (or equivalent): AMPL/GAMS, AnyLogic, C/C++, CPLEX/Gurobi, Java, LISREL, OpenCL, OpenCV, Python, R, SQL, SAS, SPSS, SmartPLS, Stata, TensorFlow, Weka, GPU/parallel programming experience.
About us: We are a highly motivated, interdisciplinary team that values intense, respectful collaboration. Our deep expertise and broad experience provides the foundation to creatively solve seemingly intractable problems. We are energetic, fun, curious, and most importantly, supportive of each other. If this is an environment in which you will thrive, we invite you to engage with our talented Operations Research Team at General Motors.
Manager, Operations Research
GM Research & Development Center
Director, Vehicle Electrification and Fuels
Position: Director, Vehicle Electrification and Fuels
Supervisor: Vice President, Energy and Environment
Status: Full Time
Location: Southfield, MI
Department: Environmental Affairs & Fuel Economy
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Director, Vehicle Electrification and Fuels, assists in the development of the Alliance positions and the implementation of strategies on environmental issues primarily as they relate to the electric vehicle, plug-in electric vehicle, fuel cell vehicle testing and issues, development and expansion of charging infrastructure, alternatively fueled vehicles including hydrogen and other automotive fuels. As directed by the Vice President of Energy and Environment, the incumbent also may represent the Alliance before federal and state legislative and regulatory bodies and coordinate industry responses to federal and state environmental initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Anticipates and identifies electric vehicle, plug-in electric vehicle and fuel cell vehicle testing and issues, vehicle charging and fueling, fuel, and lubricant-related issues that may affect the industry’s interests.
* Helps members define the Alliance positions on these issues and develop strategic options to advance those positions.
* Communicates information on the Alliance public policy issues to federal and state legislative and regulatory bodies and to other interested stakeholders including Public Utility Commissions.
* Communicates and coordinates positions on vehicle electrification, hydrogen fueling, charging infrastructure, and automotive fuels with other Alliance departments including Communications, Federal, & State Affairs.
* Prepares comments, correspondence, and testimony on environmental matters.
* Oversees research efforts.
* Represents the Alliance at coalition meetings.
* Travels as needed in the United States and possible limited travel abroad.
* Provides timely, complete, and accurate information to the Alliance staff and members companies.
* All other duties as assigned.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills including the ability to run meetings and manage several workgroups comprised of member companies with possible diverse opinions.
* Good interpersonal skills to work effectively with others and achieve consensus among Alliance members.
* Ability to interpret legislative and regulatory initiatives and identify their potential impact on the industry.
* Ability to learn about the industry and above technical issues including electric vehicle, plug-in electric vehicle and fuel cell vehicle testing and issues, charging and refueling infrastructure and other automotive fuels. This may include involvement in various technical workgroups or committees and presenting at technical conferences.
* Degree in engineering or similar technical degree or education and experience in related environmental issues.
* Preferred 10 years of combined experience in the related fields of vehicle electrification, hydrogen fueling, charging infrastructure and automotive fuels and lubes.
Please email cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineer – Electronic Hardware Design
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Start your career on the right path. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As Electronic Hardware Design Engineer, you’ll provide technical expertise to support development of embedded Avionics products, project execution and design support.
Your primary design work will be in the areas of analog, digital, and power conversion circuitry used in aerospace products.
In addition you will :
- Design for safety, testability, and manufacturability
- Define Hardware architecture
- Select electrical components for rugged environments
- Schematic capture
- PCB area estimation, power dissipation, component stress
- Troubleshoot analog and digital circuits
- Perform and document root cause analysis
- Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA)
- Perform Circuit Worst Case Analysis
- Perform Electrical simulation
- Perform Design to cost analysis
- Support PCB design with EMC and manufacturability guidelines
- Support mechanical design, software, test engineering, and manufacturing
- Support qualification and acceptance testing
- Support lifetime testing, EMC, electrical pulses, ESD
- Sensor interface design (tachometers, accelerometers, synchros, etc.)
- Design for rugged, safety-critical environments
- BS Electronic Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
- At least 3 years of experience designing analog and digital hardware for airborne or automotive applications
- At least 4 years of engineering experience
- In depth understanding of analog, digital, and power theory
- Familiarity with Electronics Lab test equipment, and test methods
- Capable of developing and writing specifications in an engineering environment
- In depth expertise with PSPICE CAD design tools
- Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and systems
- Development to DO-254 and DO-160 standards
- FPGA design experience
- DC to DC converters design experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly motivatedWhy join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We�??re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We�??re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we�??re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world�??s toughest problems. Join us and you�??ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you�??ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it�??s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we�??ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you�??re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Michigan; Grand Rapids
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
Engineering & Technology Job Fair
Tuesday, March 6, 2018
2:00 – 7:00 pm
Suburban Collection Showplace
46100 Grand River Avenue, Novi, MI 48374
Job Seekers: Discover New Opportunities >
Find a Job
Recognized as the premier job fair for engineers and technology professionals, the event will feature 30+ companies looking to hire for full, part-time, internships and co-op positions, and in various fields. Some of the companies recruiting at the job fair include:
Black and Veatch
Link Engineering Company
Mitsubishi Motors R&D
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems
A complete list of companies and the areas they’ll be hiring in can be found by clicking here.
ESD Members: Free*
Non-Members: $20 – Registration includes a one-year membership to ESD. Offer good for new, first-time members only.
*Please Note: Only current, paid ESD members may attend for free. Your dues must be up to date.
To Register: Click here https://www.esd.org/programs/jobfair/ to register online or call 248-353-0735, ext. 222, to register by phone.
Job seekers may also register on-site the day of the job fair starting at 1:30 p.m.
Employers: Find the Talent Your Organization Needs
If you’ve been struggling to locate the right employees and would like to meet face-to-face with engineering and technology candidates, then plan to join some of Michigan’s leading companies at The Engineering Society of Detroit’s (ESD) Engineering and Technology Job Fair.
ESD job fairs are hailed as the premier recruitment event for engineers, recent college graduates, trained technicians and allied professionals with all levels of experience and expertise. Prospective candidates will be seeking full and part-time positions, as well as internships and co-op opportunities.
This job fair will provide you with the unique opportunity to:
Enjoy a tailored event for a wide variety of engineers and technology professionals
Meet face-to-face with hundreds of the right candidates
Interact with a diverse talent pool in one location
Promote your business and employer brand
Pre-qualify potential candidates; conduct on-the-spot interviews
Recruitment Booth Package Cost:
ESD Members – $395
Non-Members – $495
Booth package includes up to five attending corporation representatives, 8’ x 10’ exhibit space with one 8’ skirted and draped display table, two chairs, lunch, complimentary wireless internet access and a company description on ESD’s website.
Register before February 13, 2018 and receive one complimentary posting on the ESD Job Bank – a $295 value!
For complete booth package details, download the exhibitor brochure, or contact Leslie Smith, CMP, at 248-353-0735 x 152 or email@example.com.
Attendees: Build a Better Career – Find the Right Job
The Engineering Society of Detroit’s (ESD) Engineering and Technology Job Fair is your best opportunity to meet face-to-face with representatives from more than 40 of Michigan’s leading companies. Employers will be looking for people to join their company; recruiting for full and part-time positions, internships and co-op opportunities.
Whether you’re a seasoned professional, a recent graduate or an in-between careers job seeker, you’ll find the ESD job fair is your best opportunity to:
Attend a tailed event specifically for engineering and technology professionals
Network and make contacts with prospective employers
Learn about job openings in your field
Experience possible on-the-spot interviews
Past companies have included Borg Warner, DENSO, DTE Energy, Gestamp, Medallion Instrumentation Systems, Michigan Department of Transportation, Premier Power Maintenance, RAMPF Group, All State Fastener, TechSmith and Tower International.
ESD Members: Free
Non ESD Members: $15 if registered by February 27, 2018; $20 if registered after February 27, 2018. Registration includes a one-year membership to ESD. Offer good for new, first-time members only.
Job seekers are encouraged to enter their resumes into the ESD Job Bank, jobs.esd.org, free of charge. Recognized as the premier recruitment resource for the industry, the Job Bank provides confidential resume posting and is easy to use. Simply add your resume online by visiting jobs.esd.org and create a password-protected account to manage your job search. A Job Bank enrollment center will also be available at the job fair to help you input your resume on-site.
To register, click here for online registration or call 248-353-0735. Download the attendee flyer.
Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW) welcomed more than 33 million passengers in 2015
and is one of the world’s leading air transportation hubs. With service from 13 scheduled passenger
airlines, Michigan’s largest airport offers more than 1,100 flights per day to and from more than 140
non-stop destinations on four continents. With two award-winning passenger terminals, six jet runways,
and an onsite AAA Four-Diamond Westin Hotel, DTW is among the world’s most efficient, customer
friendly and operationally capable airports in North America. The Wayne County Airport Authority, also
operates nearby Willow Run Airport (YIP) – an important corporate, cargo and general aviation facility.
The Airport Authority is entirely self-sustaining and does not receive tax dollars to support airport
Why work for the Wayne County Airport Authority
• Exposure to high profile projects
• Challenging Tasks, that require thinking outside the box
• Meet interesting people
• High Energy Environment
• WCAA’s Emphasis on people
The Electrical Engineer supports development and facility related projects at DTW and YIP Airports as
part of the Facilities, Design and Construction Department. The Electrical Engineer will perform a variety
of tasks related to design and development of projects including: analyzing and managing distribution
system capacities and conditions; developing Airport Authority Electrical Construction Standards; and
assisting in the management of consultant and construction projects; as well as providing technical
assistance in developing electrical system safety and preventative maintenance programs.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience, plus paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, paid health care,
defined contribution retirement plan and performance bonus. This position is represented by a
Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field; AND minimum of five (5) years of
responsible professional experience in the design of electrical distribution systems for multi-facility
complexes (i.e. airports, hospitals, universities, manufacturing complexes, etc.); AND must be licensed
as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of Michigan; AND valid driver’s license and a safe, acceptable
For further information regarding this position and to apply, please visit our website:
The Wayne County Airport Authority is an equal employment opportunity employer